Data Protection and Privacy Notice
Royle Jewellery is fully committed to compliance with current data protection legislation and fulfilling our obligation to protect any personal information we collect from you.
Personal information will be collected and used in a way that is legal, fair and understandable: you have a right to know what information we collect and ensure that it is correct and/or request its removal
Your personal information will be used only for the legitimate purpose specified at the time of collection and will only be shared with third parties as described below, unless we believe we are required by law otherwise to disclose
We limit the personal information we collect to that required for the purpose stated
We endeavour to hold accurate, up-to-date personal information
Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, unless there is a legal obligation to retain such records
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the security and integrity of your personal information and avoid accidental loss, misuse or destruction
This Data Protection Policy and Privacy Notice describes how and when we collect, use, and share information when you purchase an item from us, contact us, or otherwise use our services through our host site, Wix or its related sites and services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical and electronic procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Information We Collect
To fulfil any query or order, you must provide us with certain information (via our Contact Us form), such as your name, email address, postal address, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you contact us directly.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services; and 2) We use your information as necessary to comply with our obligations under the Wix Terms of Service.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We do not share your personal information except for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
We retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to provide you with our services and as described in our Data Protection Policy and Privacy Notice. However, we may also be required to retain this information to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Janet Royle, am the Data Controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at
Last updated: 23 May 2018